Friday, June 11, 2021
Lord of Life Church Family,
I am excited to announce the following updates regarding ministry at Lord of Life.
The Governing Board, Executive Committee, Elders and I met together on Monday, May 24 to review our policies in light of the decline in COVID-19 cases, the increase in vaccinations and the loosened restrictions. Since Illinois officially entered Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois Plan today—the final phase of the plan to reopen the state and the economy—here are the changes they approved:
- Masks are no longer required at any church activity. In other words, masks are optional for everyone. You are welcome to continue to wear a mask if that is what is most comfortable for you.
- This Sunday, June 13, we will worship at 8, 9, 10am. On Sunday, June 20, our worship times will return to 8:30 & 10am.
- After Sunday, June 13, we will no longer require registration for services. Just come to church like you did before. Indoor seating capacity guidance has increased to the point that we no longer need to require registration.
- The Solid Rock Lodge will reopen for fellowship this Sunday, June 13. Stay before and after service to connect with the Lord of Life community.
- Sunday school will continue to be offered at 10am and will return to the lower level this Sunday, June 13.
- We will gradually make changes to communion as we ease back into normalcy at Lord of Life. For this Sunday, communion kits will be available for you in labeled bags like they are now. Starting Sunday, June 20, you’ll grab the kit of your choice when you arrive.
A reminder that we’re fully singing as of May 30! From the beginning, our church family prayerfully and voluntarily committed to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus. Thank you to all of you who adjusted to these changes with grace and love for your neighbor. I want to say a special thank you to our elected leaders for their steadfast leadership and prayerful commitment to protect our church family and community during the past 14 months. I’m proud to serve with them. Our unity is precious to the Lord so let’s “make every effort to maintain the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:3).
God is good…all the time. See you Sunday!
Our mission: to connect people with Jesus and each other