We have had an amazing response so far to the earthquake relief supply drive. People have been bringing supplies everyday. There has been a tremendous response from the community and from other churches as well.
A couple of items that I wanted to let you know about. Lutheran Church Charities has added a couple things to their needs list. They are now asking for baby food, baby bottles, and tents to go with the previous list.
There are also plenty of opportunities to volunteer. We need volunteers each day to receive the supplies that are coming in. We will also need some volunteers to help load the truck from Lutheran Charities next week. The truck will arrive either Monday or Tuesday. We do not have an exact time as of yet. To volunteer fill out our volunteer request form and someone will be in touch with you to see how you can best help out.
Lutheran Church Charities is also in need of volunteers to help with the collection from all the various participating churches in the Chicagoland area. Below is a copy of the volunteer request we received from them:
If you can volunteer in any of the following ways please fill out the Lutheran Church Charities Volunteer Application.
- We need drivers to do the pick-ups from (so far) 22 collection sites using our vehicles.
- We need volunteers to help load trucks at pre-assigned collection sites .
- We need volunteers to unload and sort the boxes of donations at the warehouse we are using in Itasca. (All warehouse volunteers must be 18 or older. Those unloading trucks and building pallets must be able to lift 50lbs. Please bring your own work gloves)
- We need volunteers to palletize & shrink wrap the donations on the pallets
- We need a couple of volunteers to do clerical work on the computers making labels, keeping records. (These volunteers will be working on Friday at the LCC office and the rest of the week as gophers at the warehouse)
- We need photographers to document the work at the collection sites, the volunteers and the work at the warehouse.
- We need volunteer support people to make and serve refreshments & meals to the volunteers.
- And as always, and most important, we need your prayer support for the drivers, the warehouse volunteers, staff and office volunteers, the relief workers and the victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
If you would like to volunteer with Lutheran Church Charities to help with any of these efforts, you can fill out the Lutheran Church Charities volunteer application form.
Thanks for all you are doing for the kingdom!